I'm Screwed!

Friday, March 04, 2011
Yeah, you read the post title right!

Well the reason is my PG degree is been issued. Then why am I being such a drama queen, you ask? The problem is my final mark sheet has wrong entry of marks. How screwed up is that?

All this started when I wanted to change my boring brilliant developer job profile into something interesting & creative. I thought I would fit so well in Branding & Marketing. But I was an Electronics & Communication Engineering graduate who is currently working in IT for Airlines. Go ahead, say it. FYL (Go Figure!)

I needed an entry ticket to move into marketing.  So, I started looking up for diploma courses from few good B schools that provide fast track courses since I could hardly wait to finish it off & get my hands on something creative. I did find one of the top B school providing one year PGDMM (Marketing Management) courses. I enrolled myself. It was a distance learning program and so I had to attend classes every weekend.

The term exams went by & the marks were out. Fret not dear ones. I cleared the external miraculously, but only to find the internal marks (Assignments & Case Studies) were fed wrongly into the system.  The online statement was showing all wrong entries of marks. I reported the discrepancy (Spare the IT jargon, can’t help it! *Eye roll*) to the center staffs. They too found that the register entry for the assignment marks (quite high scores) don’t match with the online ones. Like any other educational institution, they too asked me to escalate the issue to the director, center in charge and who not. I was mailing & calling them almost every week left, right, center! Result - It’s still messed up.

My next semester too came to an end. I freaking passed again. Oh, whoever said “Miracles never happen twice”, Screw you! And I so want to stick my tongue out (:P) to whomever said “Misfortunes never come single”, because the internal marks were properly fed into the database this time. But again I kept on nagging them for the mark change.

I grew tired of it after sometime & it slipped my mind. One fine day last December, my mum said “Hey, didn’t you finish your course 6 months back. When are they giving your degree?” That’s when I realized the unfinished mission of nagging them. Crap. So I re initiated the mission. They said I will be getting the certificates in February & the marks will be changed.

Last week of January, It was my mum again who told, but now with a sterner voice though “When are you planning to collect your degree certificate? You want me to consult an astrologer & see when the stars are just right to get it?” (Somehow my mum was super interested in me finishing off the degree. Well, can’t blame her. My parents paid for this course too. I know, I suck!) I called the center & had to narrate the entire history since the in charge was replaced by a new lady. She sweetly said she will get back to me and I promptly called my mum & conveyed the status.

I received a call from that-same-sweet lady that the B school has sent me my graduation certificate. I was so excited and called my mum and said “Athaaaaa Naaaaaaa Degree Vangiteannnnn” (Mum, I got my degree) only to get a response “What about the wrongly entered marks?”. I was like *Blink* *Blink*. All I could do was look up & say "Enna Koduma Saravanan Ithu".

I called the director again only to find that marks can’t be changed & he very coolly dismissed saying “It happens”. Huh, just you wait. I have plans for you Mr. I sweetly called my mum with big puppy dog eyes & told her what the director said. All she said was “Give his number to me, I will deal this.”

Buhahaha. Well, You asked for it, Now you are screwed Mr. Director. =P

1 Vagabonds:

  1. Sukanya said...: [Reply]

    lol.. That was a good read!!
    First off, Congrats Swe on ur PG... time to move out of this IT shit. Atleast from the ugly developer role we all have!!
    Coming to your grades. Tell me about it. These guys suck. Same thing happened to me in coll. Be happy you got your degree. They made me skip my convocation. Now tell me who's screwed more?? They gave my degree after 2 months of my convocation. Pathetic these guys are. They dont understand the value of a degree and they dont know what it means to miss a convocation!! I've cried months together to miss my convocation!!! Hmm.. Nothing's gonna change on talking about all that.

    so did ur mom's pooja work?? Did they change ur grades??

    Cheers,
    Sukanya

Post a Comment