Color Me Muddy!

Wednesday, March 02, 2011
No offense to people who lurvvvvvvve mud packs & mud baths.

I’m not a person who thoroughly enjoys the revolting relieving experience of being covered in mud, especially on the way to work. And I’m not so excited about the fact that my black dull looking super glossy two wheeler body now looks like a Hyena’s hide (Black & Brown spotted one, that is). Not to mention my so not pedicure legs!

It is always a mystery how in the freaking world the roads of Chennai are always pitted dotted with so many muddy puddles even when the temperature is 33o C. It was 9ish in the morning and I was happily enjoying the sun on my face and driving to work on my pretty little two wheel drive.  I was driving along deep in my own thoughts when a car splashed past. Large sloshes hit the sides of my bike. I braked my bike to inspect the damage, when an damned auto-rickshaw merrily splashed an extra coating of muddy water on my bike & me too this time. My clothes were ruined, for one thing; my confidence defiled, for another; and my bike badly needed a water service, for yet one more.

Many may consider me mean for grinning, seeing yet another guy muddied even badly than me just across the streets. To top it, the spot where he stopped his bike, had water dripping from the fly over above. Huh. :D He looked damned pathetic than me. Okay, so now that my defiled spirit was boosted in confidence seeing the state of a fellow victim, I pulled the bike’s cleaning cloth from under the seat & managed to get rid of the mud paint. Though I couldn’t bring my vehicle to its original state, it now looked reasonably good for the security guards to allow it inside the company’s parking lot.

Couldn’t do much to the mud on the feet though! It had to wait till I reach the company’s ladies room successfully hiding the embarrassment from the sweet security woman who checks our bags for removable data storages. But who the hell cares, bring it on I say to all those mud-splashing-mad-driving-maniacs!
P.S: I couldn’t take a picture of myself getting splashed with mud.  I considered loading the picture of my then muddy two wheeler, but it wasn’t pretty.

0 Vagabonds:

Post a Comment