Slipping Through My Fingers All the Time...

Friday, January 28, 2011
Funny how time flies! Here I’m, sitting & pondering where all the time of my past 26 years went? Was at least half of it spent wisely? One lends to indulge in such deep thoughts when you hit the later twenties I guess! Sigh… This is gonna be a long blog.


Whenever I see the photos of me as a baby, I can’t believe it’s been twenty five years since it was taken. Innocent & happy, needs attended to, everybody’s apple of the eye! What about now? I’m definitely still the golden girl of my family. But the innocence & happiness, long lost! More responsible, more level headed, more compromising, more compassionate, more what-not is all that’s left. Yah, that’s right, I’m an adult for some time now.

But the question is, what am I really left with after spending one third of my lifetime?
·            
  • Love is sure in the cards. ;)

Let’s start with my parent’s love for me. This love has always given me the last extra push that one needs most of the times. It has always been there, even before I was born. And it will always be there for years to come. I’m not being sentimental here! I don’t know why, if it is because that am an Aquarian, I always have a wee bit of detachment from all bonds. That’s doesn’t mean am incapable of having emotional bonding! Hell I do. It’s either extremely emotional or extremely detached. This is a reason why my mom always says I’m selfish (Of course, I’m not!).
Thanks to the inter-related marriages that have been happening in the family tree for the past three generations, all my aunts & uncles are my parent’s cousins, niece/nephew (Well, there are always few exception!). Growing up with cousins is something I would wish for my children too. There is always a lot of ‘I got your back’ & ‘Bros before hoes’ feeling in the air. One never gets tired of fun & pranks.
  • In Friends we trust
Friends sure play a major part of our lives. They are more like an extended family. I have a very select few friends. Don’t get me wrong! I’m not socially challenged. I’m a kinda girl who can easily drop a smile & start a random conversation with a complete stranger. But I don’t easily accept people as friends. I always hold people at bay.
So, these handfuls that managed to creep into my heart definitely have my complete trust. Sharing secrets (Even the darkest & embarrassing ones), seeking advice (How to smitten the guy that I’m interested in), helping out (Fashion crisis =P), and the list goes on. I don’t call & text my friends very day. Hell, I don’t even text them weekly. But still somehow the select few know what I am up to & me, them.
The moronic grin thinking of some funny incident with them during office meetings, an occasional nostalgic feel on missing those carefree days, going on & on about the hideous pranks we pulled to my roommates – All these sum to one thing. They will always be a part of my life whether in touch or not!
  •  Respect gained. 
Aye aye Captain – That’s the kinda a respect am talking about! The one that allows a little humor to trickle, the one I get from my siblings, my cousins, my peers, even from some of my friends.  Their belief in my intuition, accepting my judgment, easiness with which they correct me, the light hearted humor that we share – sure shouts respect in my view. This respect is something that has nothing to do with tolerance like the one they give to some slave driving managers.
The respect I always have for my parents are now getting reciprocated. They started seeing me as an adult now, that they starting discussing family issues & asking for suggestions. My sisters & brothers (Includes my sibling, cousins & family friends) look up to me. I’m not being boastful here people. I take pride in telling that ‘I’m king of few trades & Jack of many’. 
I’m dedicating this to my parents, family, and friends. Thanks for everything you have given to me so far without expecting anything back. 

I love you all b’cos you smile at me & you guys mean it! 

4 Vagabonds:

  1. Sukanya said...: [Reply]

    That was really sweet!! I know, we dont realize how time flies. We all are so busy with our lives that we forget to enjoy and sink in the very moment. And there are these days we like to look back and relish the past and be thankful for the wonderful people we got associated with. I guess it is that moment for you now and this post tells that loudly and clearly.

    Great Post!!

    Cheers,
    Sukku

  1. Exactly Sugan,though we don't spend every passing second thinking about them, we all sure know that deep deep down in our hearts we are all connected! Phew... That was quite emotional..

  1. Time flies leaving sweet memories behind. :)

    A emotional and interesting post. :)

    I get attached to this post while reading it.

  1. Thanks for the read Chandrika & welcome to La Boheme! I just mentioned a very few things that time leaves us behind with...

Post a Comment